Tata Elxsi Limited (BSE: 500408, NSE: TATAELXSI) is a subsidiary of the Tata Group and is headquartered in Bangalore. Tata Elxsi is listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange of India.
It had a talent pool of over 3500 employees and has offices in Dubai, France, Germany, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, South Africa, UAE, UK, and USA.
It caters to various sectors including Automotive, Communications, Consumer products, Defense, Healthcare, Media & Entertainment, Semiconductor and Transportation.
Sample Tata ELXSI Aptitude Questions (2017)
1. (1/2) of a number is 3 more than the (1/6) of the same number? Find the number.
a. 6 b. 7 c. 8 d. 9
2. 10 people, type 10 lines in 10 minutes, then to type 60 lines in 60 minutes, people needed are?
a. 16 b. 6 c. 10 d. 60
3. If Rs. 1260 is divided amongst A, B and C in the ratio 2:3:4. What is C’s share?
a. 850 b. 560 c. 270 d. 625
4. If the value of x/2y = 2a, then what is the value of 2x/(x-2ay) equal to?
a. 4 b. 8 c. 16 d. 2
Detailed Tata ELXSI Campus Recruitment/Interview Process (2017/2018)
Tata ELXSI eligibility criteria
Students applying for the placement drive should have more than 65% marks in 10th, 12th and graduation. The candidate should be a B.Tech. or MCA graduate (or in final year) and should have also cleared all back papers (if any) at the time of the application as no standing arrears are allowed in Tata ELXSI placements. Along with this, good analytical, interpersonal and communication skills are always an added advantage.
Procedure for Tata ELXSI campus placement
I. First, you have the Online Written Test which has a time limit of maximum 40 minutes where a candidate needs to answer 25 questions. Further, Tata ELXSI written test is divided into 3 sections. The details are as following:
1. Quantitative Skills: This section comprises of questions based on PNC, number series, analytical puzzles, time, speed and distance, ratio and proportions (alligations/mixtures etc) and probability. The time allotted for this section is 15 minutes and you might be asked around 5 to 10 questions at max.
2. Reasoning Ability: This section consists of questions based on data interpretation, syllogism, data arrangement, statement reasoning, data sufficiency (Pie chart/Bar chart/Tables) etc. The time allotted for this section is 15 minutes. Focus on solving the set-based questions first, because if you are able to crack the logic, then 3-4 questions will be solved in a go. This would give you huge advantage in terms of time over other candidates. The individual questions can be solved next and each should take maximum of 2 minutes.
3. Verbal Proficiency: This section includes 1 long and 1 short reading comprehension passage, totalling upto 10-12 questions. The verbal ability section also consists of grammatical questions such as fill in the blanks (3-5), sentence correction (3), theme detection (1-2) etc. The time allotted for this section is 10 minutes. The trick is to answer the sentence correction (prepositions, conjunctions, tenses), error spotting and vocabulary based questions in the beginning. Next, solve the reading comprehension by finding answers to the questions directly rather than reading the whole passage. There might be questions based on critical reasoning, though rarely asked, it is better to be prepared for the same.
An important point to note is that there is no negative marking for the online test, however there is a sectional cut-off. The overall level of Tata ELXSI written test is moderate and a well prepared candidate will find it a breeze to clear the exam. Only those who have cleared the online screening test will sit for the next round, i.e., Technical Interview round - so do not forget to go through latest Tata ELXSI placement papers PDF for complete preparation.
II. Further, we move on to the Technical Interview round where the initial questions asked are about the projects and internship(s) you have done during the engineering course. After that the interviewer will test you on topics ranging from basic theory such as embedded C, IDEs, compilers, assemblers, micro-controllers. The second part of Technical Interview is based on question abouts RISC and CISC architecture, interrupts, device interfacing with micro-controllers (explanationwith diagram).